Monday, April 20, 2015

Triple Coconut (fresh) Pineapple


In my favorite store were beautiful, large and dignified pineapples, I bought one. At home, I put in a prominent place, and a few days has as decoration. Then, I decided to fry it in coconut batter. The dough was prepared by "trial and error" method. The proportions of milk and flour can be a bit different, simply customize them together, making sure that the dough is thick enough to adheres well to the pineapple slices.

Ingredients for about 12 servings/slices:

250 ml coconut milk * 

100 g spelt flour 
50 g coconut flour 
30 g shredded coconut 
2 eggs, organic 
1 pineapple, fresh, large 
3/4 tsp baking powder, organic

 Additionally: 

Oil for frying (I use organic Canola)
Shredded coconut, organic
 Maple syrup

Directions:


Mix together all the ingredients except the pineapple. Let the dough rest for 15 minutes. Cut off the pineapple's skin, and slice to about half-inch slices. Heat oil in a frying pan,  dip slices in the batter and place in the pan. Fry for 3-4 minutes each side. Serve sprinkled with shredded coconut and topped with maple syrup.

* I used coconut milk from the carton


 Recipe was created in my head and comes from my heart