Thursday, April 9, 2015

Eclair Tort

I was looking and looking and did not find it, so I created it myself. If I can make 20 small, regular éclairs, I can make one big, too, right? The Jubilarian asked specifically for eclairs, and I wanted to go one step further and make the pleasure of surprise. For the  éclairs to be even more French I added pattisserie and made it healthier way. The whole torte was poured over with the chocolate - coffee glaze.
 
Ingredients for 24 cm cake:

375 g spelt flour
375 ml water
185 g butter
6 eggs, organic

Coconut flavor Pattisserie (Paleo):

400 ml coconut milk in a cans, organic
50 g shredded coconut
3 tbsp potato flour
3 tbsp honey
1 egg, organic
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
Pinch of sea salt

In a small saucepan, combine milk, flour, honey, and salt. Heat over medium heat until thickened, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and after 5 minutes, add coconut and vanilla. Done.

Chocolate - Coffee Glaze:

75 g of dark chocolate, I use 85%
30 ml espresso
2 - 3 tbsp maple syrup

Dissolve the chocolate in a water bath or in the oven (5 min, 150°C/300F°). Mix with coffee and syrup. Ready.

Directions:

In a low, wide saucepan boil water and butter. To the boiling water, gradually pour flour, stirring and stir with a wooden spoon. When the flour has absorbed all the water, allow to cool completely (approx. 2 hours). After this time, very slowly add previously lightly beaten eggs. Stir with a wooden spoon until smooth.  
The consistency should be glossy.

Butter and flour spring form pan. Pour the pastry in to it and put to preheated to 200°C/400°F oven
Bake for 30 minutes.

Next, remove from the spring form and cool on a baking rack. Once it's cooled, cut horizontally in half. Put the lower bottom part of the eclairs a serving plate, spread pattisserie over. Gently cover with the second part and decorate with chocolate - coffee glaze.

 Recipe was created in my head and comes from my heart